Glorantha Sourcebook

From: James Turner <j.a.turner_at_abdn.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 09:02:19 +0100

Despite rumours that it wasn't even in the country I got my Glorantha book yesterday (Thursday).

I haven't fully digested it yet but here are my first impressions.

Greg does a good intro bit thanking everyone that has helped keep Glorantha going. I know a lot of people were surprised that TotRM et al weren't mentioned in the HW books but then again this book was due to be released first. Rest assured plenty of names are mentioned here.

Layout seems to be much better than the HW books.

Artwork is good and relevant to the text.

It does appear to be the book that many people have been waiting for. All the history, mythology, geography, some more ology's of Glorantha distilled into one book. Next time someone asks about Glorantha you can give them this book instead of GCotHW, CoP, CoT, GoG etc... Hopefully this will be its strongest point.

Unfortunately again there is no index.

As I said this is only my first impression but it looks like Peter deserves a pat on the back. His time-lines don't appear to be there though.