Movile plants

From: Master Gollum <MasterGollum_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2000 15:31:34 +0200

Andrew:
>I suspect that if you capture any Earth-dwelling Aldryami and deprive
>it of nourishment it will put down roots and become sessile. Someone
>might write this up like the nutrition experiment in Trollpak.
If an elf is an vegetable organism I supose that he had a fotosintetic metabolism. His skin celules must have cloroplasts for make energy and organic matter. Also, elves need eat more mineral salts than organic material. Their condition of movile plant expent more energy than their can make only with their fotosintetic metabolism, so elves must eat other vegetables.

Matthew:
I understand the problem Grower-vs-Maker, but I think you bring it to the limit. I don't believe if an elf make a flute with a bamboo he think that this instrument is work of Maker.

>And on a final note, in your Glorantha, you can have your Aldryami do
>anything you please. Because in your Glorantha, nobody can make you
>do anything that you don't want to.

Yeah, but first of built my elven interpretation, I'm very interested in your elven conception.

Cheers,
Master Gollum

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #689