Big God Secrets

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 22:45:32 +0100

In message <200006061845.LAA12830_at_chaosium.com>, The Glorantha Digest <owner-glorantha-digest_at_chaosium.com> writes
> Wasn't Lokamayadon just this kind of usurpation of the god?
>He got there by a slightly different route, I think, by mystic
>veneration of Tarumath, but he certainly tried to usurp Orlanths
>place.

Tarumath? Who he?
> I think it should be possible to learn the secret and misuse
>it. Its probably similar to becoming a mystic, but stopping at the
>last temptation and grabbing all the power a la Sheng.

That's what I'm assuming. I would say that normally when you invoke the Big Secret you will be overwhelmed by the God (query what happens when you fumble?) but that with some mystic insights (possibly Illumination in L's case) you can sidestep this.