Re: sacrifice; Hero War campaigns

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 17:29:25 -0700

Mikko Rintasaari asked

>Of course sacrifices of
>living creatures are valuable in themselves, but how does a god grow
>stronger when you dump silver into the sea?

My guess is that it's the act of sacrificing that matters a *lot* more than the actual item. It's more important that you're linking yourself to your god than that you're sending him cows. You're not feeding the gods (as if they were Aztec deities).

Roy Wiseman

>Was wondering. There are lots of sites where folks have written up their
>in-house RuneQuest campaigns over the years (both from past experiences and
>as ongoing information on current parties). Has anyone started a page on
>their in-house Hero Wars activities to have a look at?

Yes -- Kerenath's Saga (part of the Taming of Dragon Pass campaign) and the Dawn Age campaign both used Hero Wars playtest rules. See my web site (below).

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_pensee.com> Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein