Dwarf keywords and sacrifice

From: richc_at_sypte.co.uk
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 10:30:48 +0100

Mikko:
<<From the Hero Wars description of an Iron Dwarf I gather that Greg has started thinking that dwarves have magic again.>>

That was what I was basing my keywords on, that and the character generation stuff in Elder Secrets. I wasn't aware that Greg had ever gone away from that in his thinking.

I'm wondering whether to attempt to produce direct analogues of all the aspects of Malkioni sorcery covered in Hero Wars. For example are castes equivalent (in rules terms) to Low Orders and hence only able to provide blessings (is that Low Orders I forget?) , is the Silver Caste equivalent to a High Order or more likely a sorcerous order? What would be the Mostali equivalent of saints? Impersonal power nodes?

Or should I start from scratch and not attempt any congruence with the Malkioni model. This is probably more work but as my past fellow gamers are displaying more than usual apathy about getting into a game of Hero Wars I suppose I have plenty of time. :-(

Mikko again:
<<Oh, another thing. Am I understanding it correctly that these days all theist worship must be accompanied by sacrifice?>>

I'd assumed that the references to sacrificial worship meant the sacrifice of personal magical energy to the deity. It's just that in Hero Wars this isn't represented by any diminution of game statistics. Mind you in RQ this was only an issue if you were in need of your Magic Points within a few hours of a major prayer session. Although there may be plenty of occasions where worshippers are attacked on their Holy Day or HHD, I would imagine any loss of MP would be more than made up for by the close presence of fellow worshippers and the magical presence of the god's manifestation.

Richard Crawley

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #694