RE: Rape

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 05:18:22 +0100 (BST)

GERALD R BOSCH:
> Still, the rape of captives or thralls is probably seen as being less
> serious than that of a free Heortling woman.

I don't doubt it. The good news is, you aren't about to be sued at a tribal moot by her clan for damages. The bad news is, you're still as likely to turn into a broo, and whether or not you do, you're liable to be executed for it... (Not a misprint for 'outlawed', either.)

So broadly speaking, it's worse than murder (and that's murder by the almost certainly fairly narrow Orlanthi definition, at that), certainly of murdering a thrall or captive, and up there with 'consorting with chaos' and 'deliberating breeding disease'...

Cheers,
Alex.