Re: Humakti

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_celtic-webs.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 08:00:35 -0700

Alex Asked:

> Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 06:31:08 +0100 (BST)
> From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
> Subject: Re: Humakti
>
> Wesley Quadros on Carmanian 'Humakti':
>
> > IMO, they would not understand an Orlanthi Humakti
>
> So, then, why did they nick their adjective, hrm?

On the march of the Ten Thousand, from the West into Pelanda the Carmanian Host picked up many new adherants. In Jonatela they were introduced to the Humakti warriors there are were impressed.

When they reached Pelanda they fought a hard war with the Spolite Empire and liberated the land from the Empire of Gloom. Among the Spolites were nasty warriors worshiping a god of death and destruction.

The Carmanian Viziers recognised this as the Ganesatarus version of Humakt. Many of these warriors readily joined the Carmanian Church when offered the chance and officially took to worshiping Humakt, Sword of Idovanus. They retained much of their original worship, integrated much of JOnateling Humakt, and just changed names. Because they now served Idovanus they are considered Good by the Viziers (pragmatic bunch that they are).

This is off of the top of my head. There is a much longer version in our draft of SGU that has yet to be edited by Greg.

Wesley