Re: Dwarf Pictures

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 17:00:54 EDT

Simon Bray:

<< I must agree with Nick, I thought it was a shame that the Mostali in the Glorantha book suddenly looked as if they had fallen into Glorantha from the Gygax universe. especially when the text talks about their malformed bodies etc. I like some of Heather Brunton's work, but I am a little worried that she will be illustrating Anaxial's Roster, too clean! Needs body piercings, tattoos, scars etc. What ever happened to rough and dirty Glorantha, where has the dust gone, and the gore and the stench of leather.>>

      FWIW, I was delighted to learn she would be illustrating AR (I gather she's finished, BTW) as her artwork has more Gloranthan atmosphere than Marc Moreno's, IMO. Except for the dwarves, I'll grant you. The sketch of the cover of AR that I have looks pretty cool, too.

Forward the glorious Red Army!
Trotsky