Absolute Beginners?

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 20:26:29 +0000

Claude Manzato:
> My thought was more like: not beginner-friendly. I run games for
> 15 years now but I asked myself many times reading the rules:
> now how will I handle this and that (knowing how players are
> able to pull off) and not finding easily an answer.

To be honest, that reminds me of my first contacts with roleplaying. I worked with minimalist rules (fighting fantasy gamebooks) and winged a lot. This is close to what Hero Wars does...

> Same thing for players. Mine did have some problems
> getting a grasp on what their characters could or couldn't
> do. We need to get used to it.

So what that experienced gamers suffer the same problems beginners will? The learning curve is not as steep as creating a thief under D&D, really...