Carmanian Humakt

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 17:24:07 PDT

Wesley Quadros:

>On the march of the Ten Thousand, from the West into Pelanda the >Carmanian
>Host picked up many new adherants. In Jonatela they were introduced to the
>Humakti warriors there are were impressed.

If this is meant to indicate the Humakti in the Ten Thousand were picked up along the way, then I don't think this is correct.

Syranthir's host was not monotheistic. Monotheism was introduced by the Abiding Book, something that Syranthir fought against. Arkat's Father launched an invasion of Brithos from Fronela which indicates that Humakt was known to the coastal Fronelans (or Frontemi as they were then called) then. Thus the Ten Thousand would include Humakti from the start.

I dislike the idea of the Ten Thousand picking up reinforcements along their march as it detracts from the heroic valor of the original marchers. There's also the slight nit that Jonatela doesn't exist yet at the time of the March of the Ten Thousand. I do feel that given Shah Nadar's later campaign, the land that is now Jonatela was not friendly to Syranthir.

>Among the Spolites were nasty
>warriors worshiping a god of death and destruction.

Urnbudud presumably as that's the Pelorian name for the Sword Constellation.

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #700