Re: Valind; Maran Gor; Hail Harshax!

From: David Dunham <david_at_a-sharp.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 13:33:04 -0700

Douglas Seay wrote

>I wondered because Valind is not part of the Storm Tribe. IIRC he runs
>his own tribe (Cold Tribe?).

IIRC, he is indeed part of the Storm Tribe (and a son of Vadrus).

Andrew Larsen asked

>Has anybody written much about the cult of Maran Gor other than the
>write ups in GoG and TotRM 6? How about Ty Kora Tek?

She does appear at the clan level in King of Dragon Pass, and in several of its myths. Ty Kora Tek is in its myths.

Michael Cule

>I was looking through GLORANTHA: Introduction to the Hero Wars ...
>when I came across the following on p 134:
>
>'the beloved Pharaoh, Belintar of the Harshax'.

>4) Something else.

Perhaps the Harshax of KoS *is* the Pharaoh, come back. (This is alluded to in the drafts of Belintar's Book I've seen -- he expects to be gone for a while and is writing to his future self, if I recall correctly.)

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_pensee.com> Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein