Re: The Harshax

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_hem.utfors.se>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 11:52:17 +0200

Michael Cule:

>'the beloved Pharaoh, Belintar of the Harshax'.

Yep, that sort of jumped off the page at me, too.

>The following interpretations spring to mind.
>
>1) The Harshaxi of the Fourth Age used one of the titles of the Third
>Age ruler to cement their authority as later rulers used the family name
>Caesar millennia after the last of the Julian line died.
>
>2) The rumours are true and Pharaoh was a time traveller coming back
>from the Fourth Age.
>
>3) Circularly, both 1 and 2.
>
>4) Something else.

I think definitely 2, probably 3 and possibly 4 as well... Specifically, I think he's also Argrath. ;-)

Peter Metcalfe: Aha, as I suspected all along you were in fact channeling for the Weird Greg. :-) It all makes perfect sense now.

I hereby nominate Thomas McVey for the "Worst Offender against Rule 1" award. Andrew Larsen was in the running for a while, but... Alternatively, it could be awarded collectively to the whole "orthopraxy" thread, which seems to act as a sort of internet worm - taking control of posters' keyboards and producing hideously bloated and corrupted messages.

Jonas Schiött
The Cut-Ups Project

Bright indications singe
cool undisciplined hours