Long-in-the-tooth Orthopraxy Debate

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 23:41:13 +0200

Andrew Larsen :

> Alex :
> > Heroquesting is more than simply ritual. ...
>
> I guess I just don't see it that way. What matters is that the
> community is performing the proper rituals to aid you, and you are
> performing the proper rituals to achieve the goals that you and the
> community are pursuing.

Well, you're probably not going to be a huge fan of Greg's vision of 'mystic' fire igniting and energising the spirit, filling it with bright visions of deep truth and transcendent magic, capable of generating, changing, and saving the cosmos. Of heroes rising above and outside the petty boundaries of base materialism to achieve one-ness with the great nature of the god.

Heroquesting is MUCH more than simple ritual !! *

cheers,

Julian Lord