Illumination, Mysticism, Enlightenment, Vision, Divine Sight, etc...

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 11:43:45 +0200

Peter Metcalfe :

> Simon Hibbs:
> >Illumination, as I understand it, is a mystical insight into theism.
>
> So how come Animists and Sorcerers can become illuminated?

Because Greg isn't very good at consistency of nomenclature ? (mind you, given the field in question, that's hardly surprising ... )

No, Simon : it *is* wider than that : but it's a pointless debate, really. Transcendental insight is essentially non-cultural. Although the words used to describe it shouldn't be, Greg is stuck with English ; hence, confusion.

cheers,

Julian Lord