re: Cragspider & EWF

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 19:31:14 -0700

Peter Metcalfe answered Dr. Yak

> I think the Black Dragon was part of the EWF polity
> but acted according to its mistress's desires. Cragspider
> would have been able to use it to find out what the EWF is
> up to and to shield herself from its ambitions. One can
> easily imagine the Skyfall Lake being declared part of
> the Black Dragon's Sphere of Influence and thus any dragonspeaker
> wanting to do something there would have to seek permission
> from the Black Dragon.

I'd agree -- in King of Sartar [187] Ingolf Dragonfriend fights Cragspider.

But, Empires don't have to have perfect unity (they are after all composed of distinct states). Cragspider (who's said to control the Black Dragon) might have been subject to the High Dragon, but still had it in for the Ralians. And it's just too hard to imagine the Black Dragon (and hence Cragspider) *not* being part of the EWF, given where it's located.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_pensee.com> Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein