Re: Phoenix

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 08:58:19 +0200

Jeff Erwin:

> << I don't think the Phoenix is draconic, so my guess is that
> this Eastern Dragon is Kralorelan. >>
>
> I think Draconic should not be assumed to be reptilian. Phoenices obviously
> practice utuma. Since they are reborn into the same state, perhaps they are
> arrested draconic creatures like dinosaurs, but about the same level of
> enlightenment as Wyrms. Or maybe they are enlightened. I don't know...
> But I would argue, definitely draconic. --Jeff Erwin

That's probably true for Kralorelan phoenixes, but I think the rebirth cycle of a Vithelan phoenix is related to the cyclical nature of Vithelan myth, with periodic near destruction of the world and subsequent recreation.

I.e. quite similar, but not attributed to draconicness, as that isn't an issue for the Vithelans.

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com