Theist spirits

From: Alexandre Lanciani <alexanl_at_tin.it>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 11:15:56 +0200

Trotsky:

> A daimone (also
> spelt 'daemon', I'm not sure which is deemed officially correct)
> is a theist
> entity similar to a spirit; a small demigod if you will.

        Such as the souls of the faithful who join with their god? So the spirit of a devout Wind Lord whom Orlanth sends to inhabit your sword is a Daemon? The awakened griffin is in reality a daemonic (daemoniac?) griffin? This how a theist portrays allied spirits, now?

        Or allied spirits (and more in general all those form of piety linked to spirits, even in a theist culture) are a limited form of animism? And the normal people doesn't lose too much time in reconciling the contradictions between the two paradigms? (I think it was Peter who replied to my questions about Allied Spirits on the Hero Wars list with "Nobody practice the rigid theist paradigm", but he didn't elaborate.) And Daemons are original inhabitants of the God Plane? Say, in Viking mythology elves would be daemons and the einherjar spirits?

        Or maybe something else altogether? (Very probable, given how my confusion on the subject resonates with my natural morning stupor).

	Cheers,
	A confused Alex.