Stone

From: MOB <mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 00:19:13 +1000

Hi,

Stone

Mr Dawson:
> Ten and a half stone = 147 lbs = approx 66.5 kg

Trotsky:
>> So, about typical adult male human weight

Though based on what I've seen at many a con, surely not your typical adult male *gamer*...

Tom asks:
>Do Australians have stones?

It's weird, but stones are about the only bit of Imperial measurement left here anyone uses anymore, that and insisting on giving the weight of new born babies in pounds. Other than these two stubborn hold-outs, everything else is sensibly metric, and has been for decades.

Bye,

MOB

Michael O'Brien,
Cinemedia Screen Education
Tel: 03 9651 1205
Fax: 03 9651 0606
3 Treasury Place East Melbourne VIC 3002 Australia www.cinemedia.net/education/

Cinemedia is an Australian cultural organisation which encourages and assists the development, production, exhibition and knowledge of film, television and new media.