Orlanthi measurement

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 11:46:49 +0100

In message The Glorantha Digest V7 #716, Alex asks

>Do we steal from the Irish, and assume they have
>some phrase equivalent to 'a hundred yards' (meaning the thick end
>of a mile) and 'a couple of miles' (who knows how long)?

"How far is it to Boldhome, my good Cottar?"

"Why, sir, If you're walking 'tis a good 50 miles, - But if you have a horse, 'tis nearer 20. Mind you, If you can fly like Vanganth, You'd be there by now!
- --

| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk                      |
| What is the use of a book without pictures or conversations?            |

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #719