Anal Collectors Unite!

From: Robert William Vesterman <bob_at_vesterman.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 01:15:41 -0400

I'm a totally anal Glorantha collector. If a magazine (or anything else) mentions Glorantha, I must have it.

Now that Hero Wars is out, there will probably be a bunch of things mentioning Glorantha again (outside of the obvious sources, like Tales of the Reaching Moon, Tradetalk, and so on). It will probably be a lot easier to obtain these things now than it will be years from now. However, I'm sure that I'll not know about a bunch of publications.

So, I was thinking, there may be other collectors as anal as me (or nearly so). If so, I think it would be easier on all of us if we shared our recent finds... maybe on a webpage, or a mailing list, or both.

For example, you could send a message off saying "Fantasy Excursionist #37 has an article on Uz eating habits", and the rest of us could go off and get this magazine which we otherwise wouldn't have heard of.

Is there any interest in this idea? If so, how do you think it should be organized (e.g. website, mailing list, what)?

I personally don't often frequent gaming stores anymore, so unfortunately, I probably won't be of much help in finding things.

Bob Vesterman.