Universal events

From: Olli-Pekka Kantola <nysalor_at_lyyra.kempele.fi>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 09:17:21 +0300 (EET DST)

Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie> wrote:

> But think of all those other 'universal' events for which there are
> lots of contradictory (and/or complementary) accounts of: the
> Dawn, the Sunstop, yadda-yadda.

What I think that actually happens is that heroes can bring the GodTime back(for a while atleast)... There is a heroquest about Arkat/Gbaji/Nysalor s final fight. During the Sunstop GodTime returned too. So I theorise that, even though heroes create enw things to the world, that act of creation itself brings the world closer to the annihialation that the gods warded off by the compromise(or what ever IF,WW you prefer).

So what happens in the HeroWars period of time in Glorantha is, that all these cultures start spawning heroic individuals that fight each otherin the mortal world and in the otherworld as well. They create new myths, revitalize and/or abuse the old, and do heroic(or maybe nearing the god) level deeds that bring these two sides closer...

Simon Hibbs wrote:

> Nevertheless, it's an inevitable consequence of they mythic logic behind
> the entire history of Glorantha, which has become more and more mundane
> throughout successive ages. Nobody said myths can't be cliches, in
> fact they become such almost by definition.

If everyone would just stop doing anything and then everyone would be happy and cease to exest!

> Moorcock's worlds were all uterly wiped out by the forces of chaos in
> the end. Depending on your player's contribution, this could also happen

You got it all wrong! Young Kindoms became our earth.

Olli Kantola