RE: 4th Age, et al.

From: Malcolm Williams <M.Williams_at_Teamphone.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 08:44:08 +0100

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

>A world without magic flying around all over the place is boring?

>Nero was boring?
>Caligula was boring?
>Atilla was boring?
>Charlemagne was boring?

God yes! Deadly boring. (Feeble pun intended). That's not the issue though, The whole reason for the appeal of Glorantha is... well Glorantha! I could list what I consider to be its defining features, but I think by and large, I'd be preaching to the converted. Moorcock's multiverse was always eclectic, to say the least, and the evolution of Melnibone, to the human civilisations of the Young Kingdoms, to 'historical' human civilisation never really jarred. Glorantha was always Glorantha, and I think that to suddenly imply otherwise diminishes it.

Malk.

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2232.0">
<TITLE>RE: 4th Age, et al.</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;A world without magic flying around all over the =
place is boring?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;Nero was boring?</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;Caligula was boring?</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;Atilla was boring?</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;Charlemagne was boring?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>God yes!&nbsp; Deadly boring.&nbsp; (Feeble pun =
intended).</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>That's not the issue though, The whole reason for =
the appeal of Glorantha is... well Glorantha!&nbsp; I could list what I = consider to be its defining features, but I think by and large, I'd be = preaching to the converted.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Moorcock's multiverse was always eclectic, to say the =
least, and the evolution of Melnibone, to the human civilisations of = the Young Kingdoms, to 'historical' human civilisation never really = jarred.&nbsp; Glorantha was always Glorantha, and I think that to = suddenly imply otherwise diminishes it. </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Malk.</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>