Re: The war between dragons and giants

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 18:43:37 +0000

> Could the war between dragons and the giants be the
> conflict between the mystical world and divine world?

I don't see the elder giants as part of the divine world, really - they are acknowledged by the Praxians and the trolls, both more of an animist tradition.

> Or maybe not just that, but a conflict between being
> and un-being? ...and since this predates the green age,
> is this someway linked to the creation?

One way to read this conflict is the Gloranthan equivalent of plate tectonics, creating the major mountain ranges in central Genertela in their conflict. The Eastern Rockwood peaks are Elder Giants, or at least named after them. The Ormsgone Valley in the eastern part of the western Rockwoods was a mountain range before the Dragonkill War.

It is debatable whether the victors or the losers got to be the mountaintops...

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #730