CA and diplomacy

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 10:25:10 -0700

Peter Metcalfe asserts:

>But Humakt does not embody the death of Zorak Zoran or Ikadz;
>Kolat, Storm Bull and Ygg derive their storm powers from Umath
>and not Orlanth.

        OK, I had badly misunderstood this. Too much indulgence in Godlearnerism in my youth, I suppose.

Keith N notes:

>Diplomacy is not really about Harmony. You may well send your Healer to a
>clan if you want to promote peace and harmony. You might send your
>Goldentongue if you want to strike a deal. Sending your Sacred Uroxi is a
>threat and a warning. Chalana is not a goddess of diplomacy, although she can
>be part of that process. (I think the euphemisms of 'peace talks', 'the peace
>process' etc have clouded modern minds to what is actually being done).

        Thanks. I should have thought of this myself. I was confusing mythic roles, cultic virtues, and political function (which is easy to do in Glorantha). Thanks to everyone else.

Peter Larsen