RE: Chaos Gods

From: Roger Nolan <Roger.Nolan_at_Symbian.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 08:06:26 +0900

Peter Metcalfe said
> Thed is a Great Spirit, not a goddess, as she's been associated
> with the Spirit Rune ever since Cults of Terror, and her priestess
> have been shamans since Gods of Glorantha. I fail to see how this
> changes anything about her since Pamalt, Storm Bull and Aldrya are
> also Great Spirits yet have a readily identifiable mythology and
> can act as discrete beings.

>...and lot's of other sensible stuff.

Fair enough, I guess I was actually objecting against the argument I've heard which goes: "Such and such a god isn't worshipped very much, they must be a great spirit". I suppose I'm also not 100% sure on how a mythological interaction between a great spirit and a god lines up with the fact that gods now live on the god plane and spirits inhabit the spirit plane.

Using Thed as an example was plain wrong :-(

In my defense, all my RQ2 & 3 is locked up in storage in the UK whilst I rebuy duplicates on ebay during my ex-pat exile in Japan; anyone know of a copy of G:CotHW for sale?