Re: 7 magics

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 13:57:28 EDT

Chris Lemens:

<< >Number 6 is ... well, Anybody got an idea ?

 If # 5 is dragons, # 6 could be giants.>>

     Giants don't generally use magic, and when they do it doesn't appear to be anything unique to them, but just whatever they've been able to pick up. This is true even for true giants, such as Gonn Orta (who is a devotee of Issaries). Simply being a true giant could be argued to be some sort of magic, I suppose, given that giants seem to predate even the Green Age. But it isn't the sort of magic you can use in the way that you do with draconic magic or animism, say - it doesn't seem to me to be anything like a 'sixth type of magic' in rules terms.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky