Re: Who designed the runes?

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 23:26:39 +0200

Simon :

> As far as I know, the runes we saw in RQ2 and RQ3 were the God Learner
> standard set.

AFAIK, the 'RuneQuest' Runes are not incorrect, and haven't been ret-conned : they are Dragon Pass Orlanthi *versions* of the GL Runes (as presented in HW). Same symbolic meanings ; different alphabet/syllabary/idiograms. Happened all the time in RW.

I was once a Flame Warrior in the 'languages' thread ... ... ...

Still ; it does now appear that Western script *is* idiographic, after all ...

> What I do not know is where all these new runes come from. Are they
> variations on the GL runes? Are they collections of runes taken from
> different cultures?

They *are* the GL Runes ; and : Yes to your second question.

Make sense ?

cheers,

Julian Lord