Re: Storm Mountains - eastern foothills

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_hem.utfors.se>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2000 10:37:02 +0200

Joerg:

>>Perhaps these lands have become barren within recent history?
>
>Do you have a reason or campaign idea why this should be the case?

No, just speculating wildly. ;-)

I find most of your ideas persuasive. You don't directly address the question of Barbarian Town's location, though. Maybe it was advantageous to place it in neutral territory? It's sort of halfway between Sartar and the Marcher Barons, so probably traders come from the south as well.

About the Bastard Tribes in general: I seem to recall some RQ source claiming that the Pol-Joni hang out in No Man's March, mainly trading at Pimper's Block. But OTOH, no RQ source ever mentioned the Amber, Ansil or Potor. "Pol-Joni" could in these instances probably be taken as referring to any of the Bastard Tribes.

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg