Sounders River

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 17:25:11 EDT

In a message dated 7/11/00 7:26:57PM, you write:

<< Maybe that's why the river's no longer called the  Good River? Is that why the name was changed to the Sounder River?

I used to think it was because you would get good echos from the valley. I still think that the Good Canal is an impressive bit of digging for one great spirit. I think it is pretty dramatic; a dead straight, very deep canyon, with sheer walls, heading for the even-more-impressive sight of the block. This is the sort of thing that would be very scary to adventure into; difficult to get out of, lots of weird echos, darkness, chaos and water demons aplenty, strong links to the Other Side (presumably).

 << I wonder where did the river's course originally flow to? My guess would be
 through the Monkey Ruins and out to the sea somewhere near Cam's Well.

I agree; making Monkey Ruins a city on an ancient dried out river bed. Pretty good.

Keith N