Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #755

From: Andreas Gustafsson <koraq_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 06:10:21 -0700 (PDT)

Simon Hibbs wrote:
My personal preference would be for the ancient Malkioni script to be similar to
be Hebrew. Why? Because much of Malkionism and western metaphysics reminds me of Judaism. After all, European monotheism isn't a native phenomenon but an import. Why base Malkioni culture on a second hand copy, when you can use the real thing?

Judaism reveres the Books of the Law, the modern version of which was put together in historical times from more ancient sources. The Jewish sacred texts are believed to be a precise (logical?) blueprint for creation, and analysis of them gives magical powers. Judaism is monotheistic, has a complex angelology and does not have an accessible 'land of the dead' (Christian visions of heaven are based on Graeco-Roman mythology). The points of similarity with Malkionism are profound.

Me:

Why not make them "muslims" then? All the western talk about the prophet Malkion makes me think of Muhammed. To be quite fair, I don't know how much of what you wrote above goes for islam as well.

/andreas

SF-fan and tea drinker. Beware! e-mail: ante_at_update.uu.se =========== Make a choice, protect your Freedom! ==============

Do You Yahoo!?
Get Yahoo! Mail – Free email you can access from anywhere! http://mail.yahoo.com/