Re: Dragons, and not really Giants.

From: Herve.Ancelin_at_skf.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 19:33:16 +0100

>>Me
>>BTW what poetic name can we give to the 6 & 1 system that appears in the LB,
>>the 7M, the 7 DH Soul parts, the 7 winds, the draconic world creation ?
>>How about "Rashoranic" ?

>Alex
>Definitely -- if you wanna be a Lunar-loving scum. ;-) Seriously,
>that seems a touch narrow a term for such a broad concept.

I agree but can't think of another.

>>Although I'm no expert of Dragons, my guess is on wether they think
>>"being a dragon" is an aim vs a means and Individual vs Collective.

>For which of them is it a means?

PoIM, a means to be bullies (powerful and unwise).

>Trotsky
>AR (and Greg AFAIK) is pretty vague on this. Draconic magic as practised
>by 'newts is stated to be a fifth type of magic, not related to the other
>four... Darudans aren't mentioned one way or the other ...

So a 5th way is official, good news. Could you ask Greg if he has a name for all these 7 and what he thinks of the Giants as #6 ?

IMHO some guidelines for humans using dragon magic will be needed at some point as Argrath uses it a lot. Players will be involved. Remember that grey column in the cave below the Rainbow Mounts ?

I don't see why it would be more simple than sorcery (Brithini, Mostali, a lot of Malkioni, Carmanian, etc).

A few thought about it :

The common factor of dragon magic could be "splitting" or "parallel effects". EWF split brain and tongue. Dragons and Dragonewts have dreams that manifests. This can be better worded but remember english is not my native language.

There is an egg/hen relation between "magical effect/be a dragon". I think it's MGF to leave it unanswered or give contradictory answers from different groups (Darudan ,EWF, Argrath, Pavis)

There is an analogy between Brihini and Dragonewts : closest to the original truth but weird and unplayable.

Hervé