Glorantha geography anyone?

From: Olli Kantola <nysalor_at_lyyra.kempele.fi>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 21:52:19 +0300 (EET DST)

Glorantha: Introduction to the Hero Wars was great (thanks Peter and Greg), but it was lacking something; geography. I mean all these cultures and myths are very nice, but there is nothing concrete to build your campaign on.

There are no detailed maps, no information about important locations, cities, rivers, areas. A player that is new to Glorantha is going to be at loss, when he buys this new game called Hero Wars and the world that it is based on. I hate to say this, but even Forgotten Realms *spit* is more playable that Glorantha. You got this nice little area that is detailed nicely and you are given some adventure seeds + a rought description of areas further away + a sample adventure that fits nicely in the material given. With Glorantha as presented by HW, you have this strange magical, but vague land. With wonderous cultures floating there, in the void. If this new player then starts to make things up (cities, rivers, etc.) he's bound to be gregged later on.

And another thing. While I don't personally like HW, it is the future of Glorantha. So someone (someone who liked them) should write a positive review about it and the new Glorantha book to rpg-net and to other similar places.

Just worried about the future of a world that I am so fond of.

Olli Kantola