Pavis and the Big G

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 15:04:53 +0200

Peter :

> > > Issaries
>
> >But with a different name.
>
> I don't think Issaries ever was part of Genert's Pantheon.

'different name' = shorthand for 'different deity'

Sorry for the confusion

> > > Pavis (muscled his way in retrospectively)
>
> By the time Pavis was around, Genert's Pantheon was long gone.

But we are discussing the 'Pavis Pantheon' as a recreation of the Genert one by Pavis the experimental heroquester, within the Enclosure of Old Pavis and in Pavis County. Upon a wild guess by me, but with some kind of coincidental imprimatur from Greg, apparently ...

> > > Zola Fel?
>
> >Yes, but ZF was likely a tributary of a far larger River that died.
>
> The Seolinthur.

Are you sure about this ?

I was thinking of a river that ran through Genert's Garden (currently the wastes) ...

Is that right ? If so, thanx for the info ...

> >A Hunter god
>
> I doubt there's a hunter god if the Praxians remember Genert's
> time as a time when Rabbits came freely to the eating.

I take such stories with a pinch of salt, to taste ...

> >An agricultural god (who was(is?) the farmer god in Pavis county
> >(who is the farmer god in old Pavis) ? Perhaps a goddess would be
> >better ?)
>
> Wouldn't this be Genert the Gardener?

Possibly ; I myself would prefer an entirely new deity, though ...

> Other Gods:

eminently sensible IMO, but

> Basmol.

I deliberately refrained from suggesting him myself ...

Was I wrong ?

The Big Question in this matter is of course 'Are the Praxian Tribal Spirits remnants of Genert's Pantheon, or not, or only some of them ?' Are they a devolution of some more inclusive theology ?

> Copper Warrior God.

Nice one !!

cheers,

Julian Lord