colourful language

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 16:13:36 EDT

In a message dated 7/17/00 10:50:08AM, you write:

<< Besides, I don't care what you get up to in your Glorantha, as long as you  don't insist on pissing poorly conceived Chinese allegories all over my  West.

I agree with Nick's 'colour' concept for Western, and it occurs to me that the same argument could apply to Kralori; ie the written script needs to consist of a huge number of complex parts that make learning it the sign of scholarly wisdom, or unnatural insight, or someon with too much time on their hands. It should not be a language that can be deciphered easily from a few building blocks (ie letters), or that unknown 'words' can be pronounced without even knowing what they mean.

Keith N

Ps I still think Brithini only write in mathematical notation.(as an example of a 'thought language')