Genertan Pantheon

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 13:58:40 PDT

Julian Lord:

Me>> I don't think Issaries ever was part of Genert's Pantheon.

(this was a post on the hero-wars list in case anybody wonders)

>'different name' = shorthand for 'different deity'

I don't believe that any trade or communication diety was in the Genertan Pantheon.

IT>> Pavis (muscled his way in retrospectively)

Me>> By the time Pavis was around, Genert's Pantheon was long gone.

>But we are discussing the 'Pavis Pantheon' as a recreation of the Genert
>one by Pavis the experimental heroquester, within the >Enclosure of Old
>Pavis and in Pavis County.

He asked about the Genert Pantheon. I prefer not to have retrospective additions to an extinct pantheon and would put Pavis instead in his own "neo-Genertan" pantheon.

>>The Seolinthur.

>Are you sure about this ?

It's labelled as running through Genert's Garden in Uz Lore and Seolinthur is named as one of the gods that died alongside Genert in Cults of Terror.

> > I doubt there's a hunter god if the Praxians remember Genert's
> > time as a time when Rabbits came freely to the eating.

>I take such stories with a pinch of salt, to taste ...

I still think the tales of the richness of Genert's Garden are true, negating the need for a hunter deity.

> > >An agricultural god [...]

> > Wouldn't this be Genert the Gardener?

>Possibly ; I myself would prefer an entirely new deity, though ...

You would have to convince me that Genert's Garden sustained an agricultural society.

One last god, or dragon rather: All Eyes Open But One, the dragon who advised Genert.