Re: HQ non-cooperation

From: Philip.Hibbs_at_tnt.co.uk
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 13:22:50 +0100

>I'm not very familiar with the quest you refer to -- only played KoDP a
>few times, never all through -- but isn't this the one where Humakt gets
>his position in Orlanth's household defined? I can think of all kinds of
>ways to screw up an Orlanthi whose household has too much Death, or not
>enough Death, or Death that doesn't do what it should... :-)

Yes, that's the one. This could be a good way to screw someone up - drag them into a HQ where they get to be Orlanth, but where the guy has conflicting motivations, and doesn't really want to do the Orlanth thing for whatever reason. For example, a warrior chief who rules mainly because he is the best warrior, would have to choose between having to delegate some of his Death powers to his Humakti, thus weakining his position, or losing Orlanth's mandate to rule wisely.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.