RE: The Glorantha Digest V7 #838

From: Adam Benedict Canning <dahak_at_dahak.free-online.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 14:34:53 +0100

> Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 23:29:25 +0100 (BST)
> From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
> Subject: Re: EWF and failed heroquests
>
> Adam Benedict Canning suggests you can LBQ for:
> > Gaining aid from solar enemies against chaos.
>
> Solars helping you fight chaos? Sounds to me like Summon Chocolate
> Fireguard. ;-) In any event, Orlanth didn't get this result:
> by the time Yelm rose, Chaos had been defeated. (The gap between
> the two being the silver age/grey age.)

What was the ritual of the Net? I seem to remeber one of the senior Chaos demons getting it in the neck because Storm and Sun types worked together.

The stuff in KoDP does imply you can do HQ's for the stuff you get on the way. Orlanth doesn't do Orlanth vs Aroka for magic items or clan weapon thane power ups but KoDP clans do.

> > Learning secrets [CA learns to heal the dead? Everyone learns they
> > need Trickster.]
>
> Not just any secret one likes, but certainly the objectives will
> be significantly different if the quest is undertaken by someone
> with a non-Orlanth POV. (Esp. if they're not simply there as
> a 'companion'...)

We believe CA's do a segment to learn how to resurrect people.

Issarries the Conciliator and Lanhkor Mhy finds the truth are both early segments of the LBQ as well.

As is the Arming of Orlanth.

> > Summoning Armies of Vingkotlings [At the gates of Dawn]
>
> I'd say there was a connection here, but it's sort of the other
> way around; forming the Ring of the Vingkotlings is a _precursor_
> to the LBQ. Once you'd normally do with your own community,
> but I'm sure there are variations upon variations...

Adam

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #839