Shock Revelation at Convulsion - The Hero Plane is equally

From: Charles Corrigan <charles.corrigan_at_db.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 15:21:10 +0000

accessible to all!

Much of this has already been posted on HeroWars_at_egroups.com but I think it is worth posting here too.

Greg announced at Convulsion that the Hero Plane bordered equally on all of the otherworlds and that it was not preferentially associated with the Theist Otherside - as already mentioned by Michael Cule. While this resolves several problems, it breaks other things. By his own admission, Greg had only "realised" this about two hours before he told us all, so there is a good chance that this will change again.

I am saddened by the loss of unique environments of the different Otherworlds that PCs would have to visit as part of their quests. I am certain that I remember Greg stating in some forum that Sorcerers Town on the Lightbringers Quest is on the Sorcerous Otherside.

Another part of the problem is that once you travel to the edges of the world, it is also considered to be part of the Hero Plane. Actually, I would go further and say that, once you travel far enough from home to a place your people have never or rarely visited before, then you are being Heroic (from the point of view of your people after your return). Therefore, after the fact, it is determined that you were actually travelling in the Hero Plane even though no magic mechanism was used to get there or back. (There is a rules issue here of when the Heroic Consequences should be used but that is different question for a different group).

This leads to the possiblity that the Hero Plane is just a "state of mind", or something similar, rather than a separate location. You can be in the Hero Plane while on the Spirit Plane (or vice versa). This could explain how some parts of HeroQuests take place on the Mundane/Mortal plane.

Has anyone any thoughts?

regards,
Charles

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.