Convulsion: Wrap up and suggestions

From: Meints, Richard (R.J.) <"Meints,>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 05:36:29 -0400

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to thank all of the guests, volunteers, and attendees who helped make Convulsion 2000 (C2K) a great convention. We couldn't have done it without so much help and support. We had just over 200 in attendence from at least 10 nations and 3 continents. Special thanks go to so many: our Guests of Honour Greg Stafford and Michael O'Brien, and our guests Simon Bray, Nick Brooke, David Cheng, Peter Corless, Oliver Dickinson, Chris Gidlow, Kevin Jacklin, Roderick Robertson, Neil Robinson, Ken Rolston, Liam Routt, and Eric Rowe. All of the above did a stellar job making sure there was plenty to do: freeforms to ham it up in, games to play in, seminars to orate in, auctions to spend money in, and so many other things that made the convention memorable and unique.

For all who attended:
Please feel more than welcome to send me any comments, feedback, criticisms, and suggestions. Convulsion will be back in 2002 and we want to make it better than ever. Please email me with whatever leaps to mind.

For those of you that won a polo shirt as a prize:
They arrived on Monday morning, just after many of you had gone. I have the winner's addresses at hand and will be mailing them out this evening. Please let me know if your shirt doesn't arrive within a week or so. Our apologies for not having them at the closing.

The Convulsion 2000 committee (David Hall, Carol Johnson, Rick Meints, David Scott, and Lawrence Whitaker) thank you all for making it a wonderful time for all involved. See you in 2002.

PS: If you loved Convulsion, seriously consider going to Tentacles, the annual German Gloranthan convention held next June. http://www.uni-weimar.de/~kuechle1/

Take Care,
Rick