Re:The Glorantha Digest V7 #789

From: Lloyd Stark <mrstark_at_disinfo.net>
Date: 2 Aug 2000 22:28:00 -0000

Hi, first time poster here, just wanted to say hello before posting anything,as a gesture of respect to the old warhorses of the list.   About me: I have been playing games in Glorantha since junior high, when I proudly gamed using the RQ2 rules with the lizard trying to eat the amazon on the front. hero Wars getting released had brought me back to glorantha after a long hiatus, and I am slowly inuring my gaming group to it's unique atmosphere and play style.   We are still getting used to HW, as a game it has a very non traditional format. My old school mechaniclally oriented gamers are slow to embrace it..I/ll go into more detail at a later post. Oh, on the topic of criminals...mysticism, tradition, and folk tales are rife in the underworld community. Most organised crime families are oriented ethically, but often there are ceremonial, mystical , or religious aspects to initiation withing the group. The Omerta ceremony of the Cosa Nostra, the voodoo/santeria of the Haitian and Jamaican posses, Tong secret societies that worship their "ancestors"...the list goes on. Imagine how much more mystically oriented criminals would be, as others have pinted out, with tangible, concrete entities available for mystic contact, and the granting of actual supernatural powers? I dont think I could resist...

   Anyways, good reading so far, glad to be aboard, and thanks to those who pointed me in helpful directions .

          Lloyd Stark, Esq.

Email your boss can't read - sign up for free disinfo.net email at http://www.disinfo.com, your gateway to the underground