Zebra and Issaries

From: Andreas Mueller <mueller_at_faw.uni-ulm.de>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 11:07:45 +0200

Peter Metcalfe says:
> Kost, the only named Desert Tracker, is not a Zebra rider.
>
> I really don't think Issaries is as prominent in the Zebra
> Tribe as Drastic: Prax suggests. Joraz Kyreem's connection
> with Issaries was a personal one and one largely redundant
> on the plaines of Prax.
>
> I see the Zebra Riders as being the Pavisite sonofabitches
> to defend them against the Animal Nomads. In the Pavis
> and Big Rubble book, they are largely portrayed as bandits.

This is contradicted by the mention of Zebra Riders working as intermediaries between the other tribes. I think, that they rely in this job very much on the Goldentongue-Aspect of Issaries (It's probably not a purely german problem to punish the messenger for the content of the message ;-).

So IMHO the Zebra Tribe has a stronghold near Pavis and the Zebra Riders there are not nomadic at all and very much that, what Peter thinks of them. But IMG there's also a faction of the tribe (e.g. adopted former outcasts, which where accepted by this bandit lot) wandering across the deserts and adhering to Waha's ways, with a heavy Orlanthi influence (Probably all those outcasts, who can under no circumstance make their way back to Waha). Makes sense to me, but I'm prepared to hear that Gloranthan reality is very different.

Cheers,

Andreas