C2K

From: MOB <mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 23:44:44 +1000

Hi all,

___
C2K

Convulsion was, as ever, a blast. Many thanks to the organisers, who did a brilliant job, and all the attenders, who're as as lively a bunch as you're likely to see at a con. I had almost as fun helping GM "Fall of the House of Malan" as I did playing in it last time, and sang myself almost hoarse at Nick's Singalong: Nick's "Hero Wars Gaga" follows "Pelorian Rhapsody" as another Queen song that has made a seamless transition to Glorantha.

The Sun County panel unearthed yet more loopiness in store for the hapless Sun Domers: my favorite was Meiron Hopkins's suggestion that after the entire Bat cult is killed at the seige of Whitewall, the defeated Bat didn't flee off into Praxian Wastes directionless or at random. No, in news that's certain to make the doughtiest Templar reach for his spear - and his brown trousers - it's actually making a beeline for the *only living Bat Priest in existence* (see "Sun County", p.36, written long before the Whitewall episode, and yet another example of how seemingly unconnected things seem to fit in groovy ways). There was also something about the Harpoon really being there to stop sea monsters coming up the river to mate with the Count, urrgghhh!

My personal highlight was of course seeing my somewhat battered but prized, exceedingly rare copy of GORP magazine (issue #2, summer 1982) go under the hammer. If only issue #1 could turn up, then we'd be able to finally play "Kakstan's Art Museum", the TRS80 program, part two of which pads out the second half of GORP #2. Maybe next Convulsion?...

Once again, many, many thanks to the con commitee and everyone who looked after me, before and after the con.

Bye,

MOB

MICHAEL O'BRIEN - 9 Parker Street Richmond VIC 3121 Australia +61-3-9428-9048
            Email me : mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au
      MOB's Home Page: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/index.html
MOB's Glorantha Page: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/glorindex.html   DOB Footy Scrapbook: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/dobfootycard.html