Re: GTA; aldryami cannibalism

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 09:36:44 -0700

Philip Hibbs wrote:

>"Anaxial's Roster is going out the door. Glorantha Trading Association
>copies have been mailed, and wholesale orders are being shipped this week."
>
>Does this answer the questions about what book us GTA members are going to
>get? I was slightly concerned that I might find a duplicate copy of G:IttHW
>in the post, but this sounds like it'll be AR (which at least has an easier
>acronym).

No. Remember that Heroes get everything.

Greg will be sending e-mail about GTA books, since the publishing schedule hasn't turned out to be quite what was originally envisioned.

In a fine piece on Aldryami, Chris Lemens wrote:

>I asked a while back why elves would be cannibals rather than eat
>water, earth, and light, like other plants. (No, not air. Elves don't
>recognize air as a separate element from sky/light; rain is a manifestation
>of water; lightning is a manifestation of fire.) The reason has to do with
>their survival in the Darkness. When the Sky was Dark, the Earth was Stony,
>and the Water Burned, they ate their siblings' dormant, vacant bodies.

Pacific Northwest forests feature what if I remember correctly are called "nursery logs," i.e. a tree falls not only letting in light but also providing a place for smaller plants to grow. They really will take root in rotting logs.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_pensee.com> Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein