Re: Critters through the Ages

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 13:19:42 EDT

Phillip Hibbs:

<< some creatures disappear and then reappear after the Darkness Age - I
presume the majority of these are creatures that were killed in the Gods War and came back with Yelm. >>

      Greg prefers to list them only when they're 'common'. Aside from chaos monstrosities and trolls, a lot of things weren't 'common' during the darkness, although they survived in small numbers. In historical times they recovered.

Not down as existing in any ages at all:

<< Domestic Cat, >>

Green, Golden, Storm, Darkness, Historical

<<Domestic Cattle,>>

Er... doesn't say in my copy. But presumably since the beginning (even if they weren't actually domesticated until the Golden Age).

<< Eki,>>

     The first eki was the result of a curse, so I'd guess that's at least the Storm Age, but I don't know for sure.

<<Shell Deer>>

Storm, Historical

<<Jolanti>>

Were first made in the Green Age, though I don't known when Greg considers them to have been 'common'.

<<Nilmerg>>

Probably the same as dwarves.

<< Ghoul Spirit, >>

Is the thing that animates a ghoul, so the distribution is the same.

<<and Skeleton>>

Is another name for 'animated skeleton'.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

      Trotsky