Heortland

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_pheasnt.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 18:13:15 +0100

Mikko writes:

>One would think Heortland is the hart and soul of _Heortling_ orlanthi
>culture, and this is indeed the view I had from the RQ-2 writings. Ok,
>they had some malkioni remnants from the time of Arkat, but they were
>stygians, and had to get along well with the much more numerous Orlanthi,
>or they would have been crushed and driven off long ago.

Or (the KoDP take) Heortland has been thoroughly subverted over the last four hundred years by the Pharaoh and the people there no longer remember what it really means to be free. The Heortlings who wanted to follow Orlanth's ways properly moved North.

Driving for Loons
The American Southwest: Too many miles in too few days http://www.pheasnt.demon.co.uk/Driving.html

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #799