Re: Runespell

From: Andrew Larsen <aelarsen_at_facstaff.wisc.edu>
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2000 13:27:01 -0500

> From: Andreas Gustafsson <koraq_at_yahoo.com>
> Subject: Runespell, take blame
>
> This discussion about tricksters is really interesting, since I
>haven't really
> undetstood how they (don't) fit in.
>
> One thing got me puzzled, someone mentioned a runespell named "take
>blame". If
> we are talking from within Glorantha, not in RQ terms, what is a runespell?
> Compared to HW (which I know better).

     Well, since I started this whole debate, I suppose it's my responsibility to respond.

     I don't know how anyone else handles conversion, but I'm still playing RQ, rather than HW. I don't really like the HW system, but there are lots of pieces that I like, so I just adapt whatever tickles my fancy. I use the HW Feats as inspiration for Runespells and special powers that can be acquired through questing. One could easily go the other way and translate Runespells into Feats.

Andrew E. Larsen

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #795