Blackmoor the Rabid

From: Christoph Kohring <ChOK_at_urbanet.ch>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 00:05:30 +0200

> Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 23:55:07 +0100
> From: "Meirion Hopkins" <Meirion_at_ukgateway.net>
> Subject: Re: Blackmoor

>> > Me
>> > Isn't this what happened to Blackmoor the Rabid ?
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> Who? Any more details on this character? (excuse my ignorance)
>
> Blackmoor was a PC in one of Gregs early campaigns who was originally a
> typical anti-Lunar Storm Bull type. (found the reference now TotRM5)
> He was a noble from the Colymar tribe, who sought Lunar backing to help push
> his (successful) claim to the tribal kingship.
>
> He was also a PC in the Home of the Bold freeform and was decidedly
> pro-Lunar, converting to the Seven Mothers IIRC.

TotRM #5 Spring 1991, p. 12:

[...]
[David Hall] Can you tell me what happened to various player characters that featured in your campaign ?
[...]
Blackmoor the Rabid, who seems to have turned from Storm Bull to the Red moon ?

[Greg Stafford] Yes he did ! And it's a wonderful thing ! Because it illustrated very clearly how people become Lunar allies. Blackmoor the Rabid was a player character who was rabidly anti-lunar to begin with, but because of a rivalry within his own tribe for leadership turned to the lunars for help. It was an unplanned parallel to how the Romans conquered France [sic], Gaul or Britain by finding someone who is dissatisfied and offering to help them out - then taking over.

Blackmoor the Rabid is currently king of the Colymar tribe in Sartar. [...]

KoS p. 145:

Kallai Rockbuster raised the Colymar tribe, the oldest and one of the least touched tribes, and sent a thousand howling warriors under the leadership of his son, Blakmor [sic] the Rabid. [That happened during Starbrow's rebellion in 1613.]

KoS p. 210-211:

LATER COLYMAR KINGS [...]
Kallai Korlmhysson, Taraling clan, 1603-1613; who was exiled after Starbrow's rebellion.
[...]
Kangharl "Blackmoor" Kagradusson, Taraling clan, 1615-1625; who sold his tribe to the Lunar way, and forced his people to swallow the bitter Lunar poison so that he could be king. He was eaten by the brown dragon.

[It's strange that Blackmoor isn't said to be Kallai's son... The only Kagradus mentioned in the book is the first King of the tribe and son of Colymar himself. Cf. p. 204]

KoS p. 211-212:

EVENTS OF MY LIFE [...]
1615-Ironhoof aids Grazers and Venderi against Lunars. Blackmoor seizes Ring of Command, Lunars establisn a slave farm in Nymie valley. [...]
1616-Blackmoor purges the clans of Leika's followers. [...]
1625-Orlaront raises a dragon, King Blackmoor is destroyed, clay/harmony/ earth. I follow Asborn Four-born. We burn the plantations. [...]

Blackmor (sic) is also mentioned briefly on p. 86 of "Wyrms Footprints".

Christoph the Lankohring