Re: Clan generation

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 17:07:28 +0100 (BST)

Christoph Kohring and David Dunham:
> > One of the books dealing with Heortlings will have a clan generation
> > system somewhat similar to the one in King of Dragon Pass.
>
> OK, another reason why I should buy your excellent game.

Not to chisel David out of a sale, but the HW version is definitely Bigger and Better. (Partly of necessity, as it has more 'history' to work with.) OTOH, KoDP is available Right Now (points elbow discreetly at waiting peddler).

> > I believe once the book is out, there will be a Java-based version on
> > www.glorantha.com as well.
>
> Yeah, next year if the latest schedule is to be believed... :o(

The schedule I can't and won't comment on the credibility of, but I did hear it suggested it might go up on the web-site sooner than this, as a 'teaser'. How soon wasn't specified (though if anyone is holding this up right now, it's me, so I had best shut up...).

> (I still do not understand why G:IttHW & AR were the first published
> supplements instead of "Thunder Rebels" & "Sartar Rising !" [...]

'Cos they were the first ready, basically. Can't publish what's not been written. (I think Peter Corless is starting to get to me...)

Cheers,
Alex.

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #800