Re. And another thing...

From: richc_at_sypte.co.uk
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 9:49:36 +0100

Michael Cule writes:

<<One of my players is so disgusted with the lack of response by his clan to his rallying cry for them to join Starbrow's Rebellion that he has asked me if he can disavow them and leave the clan. What's the standard Orlanthi view on this? Can he? Does he have to do something weird and mythological? (I know about the Humakt rituals: he's an Orlanthi...)>>

So, this guy wants to sever his links with his clan and go to war and possibly (probably?) death? This sounds to me like the kind of life-changing transition that requires a rite of passage - like the turning toward Humakt kind of rite of passage?

Richard Crawley