Re: ancient adoption

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 20:28:28 -0700

Ian wrote

> Also in KoDP there are episodes where members of the
> clan who have been absorbed quarrell with those who
> claim descent of kindred (I think they have names
> maybe David can illuminate this one).

The Nalda Bin or "Stick Farmers" if I recall correctly. At one time, you actually got to choose which remnant people you took in, but for simplicity, we just picked the one with the best name.

So the name would be different for each clan, depending on what ragged refugees they adopted.

> IMHO KoDP is a good source for how an Orlanthi clan
> 'works'.

I agree (though there would be a few changes over 200 years) -- and KoDP had to make certain game choices that you wouldn't make in a game with a narrator or multiple players.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_pensee.com> Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #811